A unique 12V roof air conditioner designed for use in campervans, motorhomes and van conversions up to 6 metres. This air conditioner is ideal for cooling and dehumidifying the sleeping area of a vehicle, rather than the entire vehicle as with traditional AC air conditioning units. It can also be used in the sleeping areas of larger vehicles that do not exceed 9m3 in size.
This Plein-Aircon unit kicks out an impressive 1200W of output and is recommended to use with a minimum of 150AH leisure battery. For those visiting campsites with access to mains power, a 220V Smart Switch can be easily added to this unit (see product code 32602). Once the switch is fitted and the vehicle is plugged into mains, the unit will automatically switch to operating from mains power.
We recommend the user cools the sleeping area of their vehicle with the unit on full power for approximately an hour, then the air conditioner can be turned down to a lower setting to maintain a comfortable sleeping temperature. The unit also has a ventilation mode which enables fresh air to be generated.
• Compressor: Direct current single compressor
• Input voltage: 12V DC (Optional 115V-230V Smart Switch power supply)
• Refrigerant gas: R134A
• Cooling capacity: 1200 Watt (max)
• Power consumption 12V* 16 amp/h (auto) / 42 amp/h (max)
• Dimension external unit: (HxWxD) 246 x 720 x 800mm
• Dimensions roof cut-out: (WxD) 400 x 400mm
• Roof thickness: 30-70 mm
• Number air vents: 2 (front/rear)
• Number of blower speeds: 3 + auto
• Air flow: 350m3/h
• Remote control: Included
• Timer: Yes
• Battery protection: Yes
• Starting current: Very low starting current
• Soft start function: Yes
• Interchangeable internal filters: Yes
• Test marks: E-mark / EMC
We have fitted this model in our own conversions, so can help with fitting information.